State-of-the-art ultrasonic device PIROP in intraoral application for biometry soft tissue thickness in the periodontium (Gingival Thickness) – GUM/Gingiva – Periodontal Soft Tissue biometrics.
PIROP allows to measure and monitor periodontal mucosa thickness in prophylaxis and periodontal treatment. Identification of a periodontal biotype has a fundamental meaning in optimal planning of preventive and therapeutic management mainly in periodontology, orthodontics, implantology and dental prosthetics.
Undoubted advantages of using the Pirop device to measure the mucosa thickness are fast measurement, very high accuracy and a complete noninvasiveness during an ultrasonic examination.
SOFT TISSUE BIOMETRICS
- In-point, automatic measurement with automatic averaging and calculation of standard deviation
- Non-invasive thickness measurement via contact method
- A-scan and unique time-motion measurement modes for quick estimation of the thickness for the region of interest
- Sophisticated algorithm for the accuracy improvement
- High frequency measurement cycles
- Probe frequency 20 MHz
- Velocity range – 1400-2000 m/s
- Measurement range 0,25 ÷ 6 mm
- Axial resolution 0.01 mm (10 μm)
- Memory for 256 measuring points
- 8 predefined maps of periodontal areas – diagrams to select the dentition quadrant, tooth and measurement point
- 32 cross sections of the examined dento-gingival unit
- Power supply from external AC/DC power adapter:
– input:100-230V AC 50/60Hz / max 0.7A
– output: +12V DC / 2 A
- Power consumption (12 DC supply) – ca 12 W
WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions (with built-in printer): 290 x 205 x 85 mm
- Weight (with built-in printer): 1.5 kg
- Touch Screen
– easy, ergonomic and user-friendly operation via displayed menu
– virtual keyboard for entering patient data, etc.
- Functional knob (gain control, review results etc.)
- Run / Freeze: Foot Switch or touch screen activated
- Automatic TGC adjustment
- Color LCD 7” display, 800×480 pixel
- Ten (10) user profiles
- Internal patient’s database
- Images archiving in internal memory and USB memory
- Internal thermal small printer
- Ready to use also in transport suitcase
- Trolley – option
- Composite-video output PAL
- Easy firmware upgrade via USB memory
It is possible to work with external USB printers ( HP LaserJet Pro M102 or Samsung Xpress M2022) via USB connection. Depending on the PIROP operation mode various reports printout can be received on external printer. The reports contain all the information from the scan screen: user and patient data, exam data, measurements, image (screenshots) etc. It is also possible to print report from exam saved in the archive.